The Cloud Architect will be responsible for delivering enterprise-class cloud design and solutions to
Valorem clients through strong architecture and implementation experience across the Azure platform.
The Cloud Architect will work with our customers across all phases including planning, design,
development and deployment to meet the client’s requirements.
The Cloud Architect will do this by:
• Working closely with customers and project managers to understand and manage project
• Architecting and leading projects for various clients
• Creating functional design specifications and implementation plans
• Provide architecture review, and project milestone sessions for project sponsors
• Delegate responsibilities and priorities to implementation staff
• Ensure project delivery processes are in place and being executed
• Ensure that the technical solution delivers the business value.
• Communication with technical and business staff in technical and plain English language.
• Development of business requirements in collaboration with business analysts.
• Planning with customers on cloud design and deployment requirements. Helping customers
determine on-premises, cloud and hybrid requirements and capabilities. Emphasizing Azure
and cloud technologies.
• Designing cloud architectures, environments, and solutions that meet the customer’s
requirements with an emphasis on meeting the customers’ overall business goals.
• Leveraging best practices that will sustain the client’s environment for the long term.
• In addition, the Cloud Architect will;
• Have at least 2 years of experience as a solutions consultant, architect or relevant role
• Demonstrate a mastery of various cloud technologies in the Microsoft stack (Azure IaaS and
PaaS), with knowledge of competing cloud technologies (AWS, Google, etc.) a plus
• Assist in writing and proofing Statements of Work (SOWs)
• Provide architectural design and guidance to other members of the team
• Mentor and onboard junior and mid-level solution consultants
• Provide leadership in the enterprise community through social media, articles, speaking engagements, seminars and conferences It is the Cloud Architect’s responsibility to design, drive and deliver enterprise-class cloud solutions using the Microsoft Azure platform within Valorem’s enterprise accounts. The Cloud Architect will have the following responsibilities:
• Demonstrated design and admin experience with on-premises and online (Azure) components of infrastructure and platform components.
• Demonstrated design and admin experience with underlying infrastructure including Active Directory, ADFS, on-premises compute, networking and storage concepts and technologies
• Demonstrated design and admin experience with various Azure services (Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, storage, networking compute, etc.)
• Provide consultative guidance to customers around design principals, best practices, deployment methods and adoption.
• Pass required certification exams relevant to the role and Valorem competencies
• Generate high quality deliverables as negotiated in signed Statements of Work (SOW)
• He/she will build and maintain strong relationships with multiple technical and line of business contacts within the assigned customer engagements. He/she will be required to maintain strong working relationships and collaborate with other
• Valorem team members in Sales, Services, Marketing and Product Management teams.
These are the traits that we hold in the same regard for all employees, also viewed as performance indicators. Each employee should uphold these attributes as a part of their employment with Valorem.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Collaboration and Teamwork
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
Time Management and Productivity
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.
Submit resume via email to CAREERS@VALOREM.COMSubmit your resume for this job