The Security Architect will be responsible for delivering enterprise-class security solutions to Valorem clients through strong architecture and implementation experience across cybersecurity framework functions (Identify, Protect, Detect, and Respond) in support of Microsoft’s cloud platforms (Azure, Office 365, Dynamics 365, Cognitive and Data Services) and hybrid cloud environments. The Architect will work with our clients to meet and exceed expectations by:
- Architecting and designing security solutions built to support Microsoft cloud deployments.
- Providing governance and technical oversight in the delivery of cloud focused security solutions.
- Planning with customers on cloud security requirements.
- Delivering solutions that meet the customer’s security requirements while also delivering on overall business goals.
- Working closely with customers and project managers to understand and manage project delivery expectations.
- Creating functional architectures, design specifications and implementation plans.
- Delivering architecture / design review, and project milestone sessions for project sponsors.
- Ensuring project delivery processes are in place and being executed while delegating responsibilities and priorities to implementation staff.
- Interpreting business direction and articulating technology's alignment with stakeholder needs.
- Communicating with technical and business staff in technical and plain English language.
- Establishing and leveraging best practices that will sustain the client’s environment for the long term.
- Assisting sales representatives throughout the sales cycle to include sales meetings, product demonstrations and scoping meetings while assessing client needs and performing environment analysis.
- Assisting in writing and proofing Statements of Work (SOWs), estimates, and proposal response.
- Owning and growing opportunities by establishing deep relationships with the customer.
- Providing leadership in the enterprise community through social media, articles, speaking engagements, seminars and conferences.
It is the Security Architect’s responsibility to drive and deliver secure enterprise-class solutions leveraging Microsoft’s Cloud Platforms within Valorem’s enterprise accounts.
The Security Architect will have the following responsibilities;
- Leverage experience with current and emerging technologies to help clients develop a technology strategy and roadmap and then in executing on that roadmap, ensure multiple concurrent engagements are effectively scoped, resourced, and delivered.
- Based on business and technical requirements: assess, architect, design, implement, and optimize cloud-ready security solutions that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to Clients and with appropriate security controls present.
- Represents Security in development and implementation of Valorem solutions. Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout the organization.
- Lead projects that apply new and existing technologies and solutions to solve technical and business needs in the cyber security space.
- Delivering technical leadership and architecture, acting as the ‘go to person’ for solutions, evolution and offerings for cloud services and delivery capability.
- Act as an authority to clients on cloud architecture, with knowledge across: operations, infrastructure, applications, service management, etc.
- Develop procedures, standards and documentation; act as the subject matter expert in different domains such as Identity and Access Management, Threat Detection, Security Analytics, Incident Response, etc.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the entire Information Security Engineering and Architecture solution landscape.
- Integrate Azure Security solutions with other Microsoft and 3rd party solutions to meet the customer’s needs.
- Provide consultative guidance to customers around design principals, best practices, deployment methods and operation/adoption of cloud focused security solutions.
- Generate high quality deliverables.
- Pass required certification exams relevant to the role and Valorem competencies.
- Maintain an understanding or proficiency in information security and compliance regulations.
- Maintain strong working relationships and collaborate with other Valorem team members in Sales, Services, Marketing and Program/Project Management teams.
The Security Architect will meet the following qualifications:
- Have at least 3 years of experience as a security architect, senior consultant or relevant role.
- Demonstrate a mastery of security solutions across cloud (Azure, AWS, VMware NSX) and hybrid environments.
- Demonstrate a mastery of various Azure services (Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, storage, networking, Azure Active Directory, Azure Security, Operations Management Suite (OMS), etc.).
- Possess current knowledge of security concepts and threats, security solutions, tools, practices and procedures
- Experience with assessment, design, implementation, optimization, and documentation across a broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Possess effective problem solving and analytical skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; and demonstrated ability to interact with technical, non-technical, and business members of the organization.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools and cloud access security brokers (CASBs) a plus.
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc) a plus.
- Experience with any of the following security products: Splunk, Rapid7, Qualys, LogRhythm, RISC, Fortinet, Palo Alto, ArcSight, Symantec, Nessus a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, CISSP or Master of Science a plus.
These are the traits that we hold in the same regard for all employees, also viewed as performance indicators. Each employee should uphold these attributes as a part of their employment with Valorem.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Build alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information
- Work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- "Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- Be here to enhance and promote Valorem
- Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Always put the clients’ needs first, thinking proactively from their vantage point, not your own
- Follow through with all client expectations and accountabilities
Time Management and Productivity
- Meet your timelines and goals
- When you say you are going to do something, it is your responsibility to perform within the time frame
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.
Submit resume via email to CAREERS@VALOREM.COM
Submit your resume for this job