The Director of Application Development will report to the President and requires someone who has excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other leaders both internally and externally. The successful individual in this role will be an accomplished leader who is able to blend deep technical subject matter expertise with an energizing leadership style. The candidate will have a proven track record leading teams of highly capable software engineers across multiple domestic locations. The candidate must be able to motivate and inspire their team to overcome obstacles and deliver complex software projects on-schedule and within budget. This leader must be able to earn the trust of their subordinates, superiors and peers while also creating a results oriented culture built on transparency and accountability.
- Manage a group of managers as well as potentially some individual contributors
- Provide tactical direction against the strategic vision as set by practice area and executive leadership
- Report on the progress against KPIs defined by the practice leader and executive leadership team
- Emulate strong management and leadership principles with the capacity to engage, motivate, mentor and coach team members distributed across various geographical locations.
- Communicate and adapt presentations to a wide range of audiences regarding goals, planning process, project initiatives, team innovation and results.
- Focus on methods to ensure delivery excellence within the department
- Set standards for all of the Software Development organization
- Define coding standards and policies for managers to enforce
- Direct Architecture, Software Development, UX Development and Associate Development teams
- Lead team members towards solving technical challenges and problems with analytical strategies, well thought out architecture
- Assist in developing Go-To-Market strategy for all disciplines under the Software Development umbrella
- Ensure skills alignment against GTM strategy
- Co-sell and partnering with Sales teams
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or comparable work experience required. Master’s preferred, with 10+ years of relevant software engineering experience within the Microsoft stack highly desired.
Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior management or Director level capacity within the Consulting/Technology/Professional Services industry.
- Seasoned knowledge of the software development life cycle including planning, risk analysis, requirements, architectural design, development, verification and validation testing.
- Experience using multiple software development tools, modeling tools and defect tracking tools required.
- Must have experience with state-of-the-art software development tools and methodologies such as Agile development methodologies…
- Demonstrated ability to design strategies, influence stakeholders, and drive execution by leading through others.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a matrixed, team environment.
- Ability to work independently to initiate, take ownership of, and lead research into innovative software technology approaches.
These are the traits that we hold in the same regard for all employees, also viewed as performance indicators. Each employee should uphold these attributes as a part of their employment with Valorem.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Build alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information
- Work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- "Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- Be here to enhance and promote Valorem
- Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Always put the clients’ needs first, thinking proactively from their vantage point, not your own
- Follow through with all client expectations and accountabilities
Time Management and Productivity
- Meet your timelines and goals
- When you say you are going to do something, it is your responsibility to perform within the time frame
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.
Submit resume via email to CAREERS@VALOREM.COM
Submit your resume for this job