The Digital Insights Manager will lead a team of 8-10 consultants through the design, development and enhancement of data and Advanced Analytics solutions, both as independent projects and as part of cross functional teams. As part of the Digital Insights service line, the Manager will collaborate with Architects, Project Managers and other team Managers to ensure optimized delivery of solutions. The Digital Insights Manager will have a strong technical background as well as extensive experience leading large and highly technical projects. As a technical leader, the Digital Insights Manager will set strategic direction for the team in alignment with industry trends.
- Lead Valorem’s Modern Data Experience team, acting as a mentor, lead and coordinator
- Provide direct performance management of team members through 1:1 meetings, regular communication with project teams and formal performance reviews
- Be responsible for new talent evaluation, acquisition and onboarding
- Guide and oversee the professional development of team members through coaching and training
- Maintain the applicable Microsoft Competency designations for the team as part of individual and group training plans
- Coordinate with the Architecture and other technical teams to define and implement the latest software technologies within the team
- Manage the technical assets for multiple projects as a cross functional technical lead
- Assist in new business development and presales through the development of proposals, SOW’s and RFP’s.
Technical Skills Required
- Designing large-scale analytical systems
- Being able to interpret business requirements into functional and then technical requirements
- Understanding of designing workflow/process-based systems
- Data Modeling principles for relational and dimensional data structures
- Data Warehouse design principles (e.g. Kimball, Inmon)
- Data Lake design principles
- Microsoft SQL Server technologies:
- SQL Server core database engine (T-SQL code development)
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Office technologies:
- RDBMS - Oracle, DB2, MySQL, etc.
- NoSQL – Hbase, Casandra, DataStax, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
- Taxonomies, Metadata Management and Master Data Management principles
- Data Stewardship, Ownership and Quality Management principles
- Data Science application experience
- Platforms: R Studio, Azure ML Studio, etc.
- General Reporting capabilities
- Crystal Reports, Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server technologies:
- SQL Server Analysis Services (MDX code development)
These are the traits that we hold in the same regard for all employees, also viewed as performance indicators. Each employee should uphold these attributes as a part of their employment with Valorem.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Build alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information
- Work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- “Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- Be here to enhance and promote Valorem
- Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Always put the clients’ needs first, thinking proactively from their vantage point, not your own
- Follow through with all client expectations and accountabilities Time Management and Productivity
- Meet your timelines and goals
- When you say you are going to do something, it is your responsibility to perform within the timeframe
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.
Submit resume via email to CAREERS@VALOREM.COM
Submit your resume for this job